August 25, 2015

REVIEW: A Feast for Crows ( A Song of Ice and Fire #4)

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4)

 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

DISCLAIMER: This is a sequel book and review could contain mild spoilers of which I had no intensions to be.



My thoughts:

I haven't reviewed the first books in the series but here's a quick run down of my previous ratings:

- A Game of Thrones: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Clash of Kings: ⭐⭐⭐
- A Storm of Swords: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I went into this not expecting much. Other people's reviews leaving me skeptical as a decline was sure heading this way. Being "boring" and a "poorly written" follow up.

And I disagree. Quite a lot, actually.

Book 2&3 are more battle orientated, history heavy and dangerous in a vicious Valar Morghulis kind of way.

AFfC isn't quite like that. It's a far more slower pace, mulling over and covering the political intrigue as we watch them evaluate the line of battles and war; as all those left are repositioning the pawns on the chess battlefield. Which is why I can understand why people would't like this. But I loved all the political play.

The cast of POV characters are more focal on those left on Westeros. Allowing the exploration of new plotlines from the Iron Islands and Dorne, as well as letting us into the overly paranoid mind of Cersei Lannister. Or should I say overly drunk mind- let's say she's almost as fond of Arbor Gold than Jaime.

Oh Jaime! Oh Brienne, our Maiden of Tarth! How I ship you two, beats me? Considering all the underlying thoughts of one another in the opposite POV. Jaime even defending Brienne at one point!?! The only thing i'll guiltily allow myself to is this singular OTP.

All I will say is this felt like we've reached the eye of the storm- and Winter is Coming. Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment