May 21, 2016

REVIEW| A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
Sarah J. Maas

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Synopsis:
Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.
Get your copy:
 
Review:
 
**CRIES**

Alright, I'm trying to hold myself together but-- COME ON! Why did I have to finish reading this so quickly?

Okay, so--

A Court of Mist and Fury starts off just three months after the events of the first book (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers here) and things are a little off in the world of Tamlin and Feyre. Tamlin is not the Knight in shining armour that was once thought by many of you out there; don't lie, you all loved Tamlin one way or another.**

In comparison to A Court of Thorns and Roses, Maas has thought much more about the development of Prythian, more than I thought that we were going to- we discover the Night Court and the secrets, veiled within the undercover of 'mist and fury'. As well as, the multiple locations that were left unmarked on the original map of the faerie lands and of the various High Lords of Day, Dawn, Winter, Summer and Autumn courts left unnamed in the first book.

The focus and major plot of A Court of Mist and Fury has done a one-eighty degree turn, which if I remember correctly was what had happened with Crown of Midnight. BUT, I am not complaining about it, in fact this is the reason that I loved this book so much more than ACOTAR. It felt a lot more serious-- Feyre goes through rediscovery of who she is in comparison to the Feyre who we knew during A Court of Thorns and Roses as well as, the threat of war with Hybern. Don't get me wrong- there is still quite a bit of steamy romance that happens; this has just become a sub-plot.
Maas brings in the introduction to new characters that is sure to come with a new court and territory- Rhysand's inner circle. I absolutly love more and the the forwardness that she brings to many of the situations, bringing that friendship that Feyre has never had before. I absolutely ship Cassian with Feyre's eldest sister Nesta, which if you have read the book already may understand why.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Feyre has gone through the events of A Court of Thorns and Roses which was bound to alter her perception on the world and what she knows- knew. This growth of Maas' protagonist, this changing and growing-up a character is something that is the reason why I love to read Maas' work. I feel highly proud that Maas has highlighted this in a book that has been published in the UK Young Adult market because it something that at this age they are bound to come across. Staying in a relationship because at a point in their youth they loved them although they have outgrown that person- to know this is normal. But not just in love and relationships but perhaps in all aspects in life too-- trust me. I've been there and all I got was a really crappy t-shirt at the end of it.

**DISCLAIMER: Now before I get on any further with this I want to just say that I was never really a fan of Tamlin whilst reading A Court of Thorns and Roses. I picked up on some things that made me grit my teeth and head butt the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment