November 05, 2016

REVIEW| Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8)
J.K. Rowling

2 star

Find on Goodreads

Synopsis:

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

Review:

The Cover:

I don't understand this cover. Nope. Not even after forcing myself through this. I guess you could say that the child inside the weird snitch nest is the centre of the fragility of the time that the snitch is most relevant to the Harry Potter-verse?

I have no clue. I'm just making this up as I go along. It does nothing for me except tying it to the stage play that is currently still (?) going on in the West End in London.

The Content:

If you want my real emotion while reading this, how about this: A constant stream of cringe attacks.

I didn't feel like I was reading the next 'story' and adventure in the Potter-verse but rather semi-decent fanfiction on AO3. The whole time. It made me cringe so much I had to put this book down until I forced myself to finish it- it was irritating me for just being on my Currently Reading list on Goodreads.

This whole thing just had so many plot holes. I'm still confused about the entirety of events that went down. I understand that this isn't a novel but, the script of the stage play and so it's a lot harder to judge. Yet, if this was a fantastic script, there I shouldn't have these problems?



No comments:

Post a Comment